Ways To Get Rid Of Cold Sores
5 Top ways to get rid of cold sores
If you have got cold sores and are looking for quick fix ways to get rid of them fast, then here are 5 of the top ways in which you can do so.
1) It is extremely important for you to keep the cold sore area dry and clean all the time. Cold sores develop well in moisture and dirt. So, washing the area with cold water and then patting it dry is essential. You can put a little petroleum jelly on the area if you want to protect it.
2) If you have just discovered that you have developed a cold sore, a very effective way to make healing faster will be to change your toothbrush immediately. And in case you use your toothbrush to get the toothpaste out of the tube, change the tube as well.
3) Amino acid lysine is a good thing to get into your body if you have an attack of the cold sores. Medication and supplements are also available but do not take them if you are nursing or are pregnant. Dairy products and potatoes are a good source of lysine.
4) If you want to put something good on your cold sore, tea tree oil, lemon balm, tea bags and Echinacea are great. They have wonderful antiviral properties that will do a world of good.
5) Avoiding stress in your day to day life is also vital. And so is having a well balanced diet if you want to prevent cold sores.